Payeezy issue *critical*

For general questions and discussions specific to the AbleCommerce GOLD ASP.Net shopping cart software.
compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Payeezy issue *critical*

Post by compunerdy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:57 am

Not sure how many people use payeezy as a payment gateway but when my account was setup it was set to allow for partial payments.. as in AC requests $1000 and for whatever reason Payeezy approves it for $40 and when it goes back to AC it is marked as paid for the full amount so you then get screwed for $960.

Why this was setup this way I have no clue but now I am out of thousands of dollars.. so figured I would share this info.

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Re: Payeezy issue *critical*

Post by compunerdy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:11 am

I have attached 2 pictures showing where payeezy accepted a partial payment and how AC marked it as fully paid.

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:59 am

Just found this is not a option in Payeezy so AC should have been programmed to handle this correctly.

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:06 am

http://help.ablecommerce.com/mergedProj ... ttings.htm

Be sure the settings on the checkout settings page is set to..

The default setting is Do not create order unless it has a successful payment. When this setting is active, the order will not be created until the customer has either entered a valid credit card or input a valid payment method. If the card entered fails the authorization, then a warning message will appear asking the customer to enter valid payment information. This setting is generally ignored if you have payment methods such as purchase order, mail check, or call me.

It sounds like you are using the 3rd option, which creates the order even if payment is unsuccessful or paid partial.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:11 am

Nope.. Why does my account show I do not have support now? I have a active subscription through 9/2019.. did we lose support somewhere along the line?

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:16 pm

I've never seen anything like this then, with ANY payment gateways. If we are requesting an authorization for 1000.00 and we are given the authorization code it's for the full amount, not a partial amount. What explanation does payeezy provide on why the amounts are not being authorized correctly? Clearly were sending in the proper amount.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:23 pm

In payeezy's documentation it shows they have a feature for some kind of partial authorization. But it must be enabled in their settings it says. It's mentioned in the document.

https://support.payeezy.com/hc/en-us/ar ... Reversals-
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:19 am

They are telling me there is no option to not accept partial payments. I was on the phone for 2 hours with them. The settings I can see do not show anything about partial payments in the system I have access to.

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:59 am

Partial Authorization Not Allowed is one of their error codes and their documentation specifically mentions it. Perhaps it was a setting previously available and they then defaulted to allow. Since this is a new issue, that's a possibility.
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:14 am

I got my bank involved and said figure it out or I will be forced to switch processors so we will see what they find out. It is not a new issue for me.. I just found out about it but it has been happening ever since I switched to them back in April.

Shopping Cart Admin
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Shopping Cart Admin » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:05 am

Hello Tim,

Do you happen to have debug enabled for payeezy? If so can you zipup the log file and email it to me mike@...
Thanks for your support

Shopping Cart Guru
AbleCommerce.com
Follow us on Facebook

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:58 am

I did have it on and just turned it back off.. I will get the file sent over.

PDailey
Ensign (ENS)
Ensign (ENS)

Post by PDailey » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:56 am

We just moved our gateway to Payeezy and discovered this happened to us. The request was sent for $1900.00 It approved for $814 and AC marked it paid in full at $1900.00 I have opened a ticket with Payeezy, but this REALLY seems like an AC issue. Did a patch for this gateway ever get created? How did this get fixed for @compunerdy?

Katie
AbleCommerce Admin
AbleCommerce Admin

Post by Katie » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:43 am

Hi Patty,

This is an issue we've never seen with any other payment gateway. To answer your questions, yes, there is a way we can fix this. The Payeezy implementation is actually a sub-component of the E-payment Integrator gateway which supports nearly 200 payment systems. The Payeezy gateway has an option for "Partial Redemption" which is true (allowed) by default. I'm not entirely sure what activates it, but it seems related to gift cards with a set balance, or, as in with your customer, a possible card limit?

In any case, we have our own checkout option that allows you to accept partial payments for an order, so the better fix is to send in a value of false for this condition. Then, we can let Able handle the partial payments accordingly. For Tim, we suggested he enable the E-payment integrator gateway using the Payeezy option. There is a "special conditions" field that can pass values to the gateway. You'll need to use that. I will gather the configuration details (with a sample screenshot), and post them here soon.

Thanks,
Katie
Thank you for choosing AbleCommerce!

http://help.ablecommerce.com - product support
http://wiki.ablecommerce.com - developer support

compunerdy
Admiral (ADM)
Admiral (ADM)

Post by compunerdy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:23 am

So far the fix seems to be working.

Watch out for the other issue I have had with Payeezy which is any special characters in a customers info pushed to payeezy will cause a 404 error. For example "Icharge.Customer.Address: 808½ N 44th St" will cause a error and the payment will not go through. AC has worked with me somewhat to fix this issue but we still see the occasional error.