12/1 - AbleCommerce Data Client Utility 7.0

A forum where issues related to the DataPort utility can be discussed.
Brewhaus
Vice Admiral (VADM)
Vice Admiral (VADM)
Posts: 878
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:30 pm

Re: 12/1 - AbleCommerce Data Client Utility 7.0.34

Post by Brewhaus » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:27 pm

Mazhar- could you please explain how to launch the CSVSample so that we can use it. We have downloaded and extracted the files.
Rick Morris
Brewhaus (America) Inc.
Hot Sauce Depot

User avatar
mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda
Posts: 5082
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:21 am
Contact:

Re: 12/1 - AbleCommerce Data Client Utility 7.0.34

Post by mazhar » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:35 am

You can either run it directly by double clicking the CSVSample\bin\Debug\CSVSample.exe or if you have visual studio then open the sample project in it and press F5 or click the run from menu bar.

User avatar
Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:48 am

Re: 12/1 - AbleCommerce Data Client Utility 7.0.34

Post by Naveed » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:42 am

Brewhaus wrote:Mazhar- could you please explain how to launch the CSVSample so that we can use it. We have downloaded and extracted the files.
It is a programming related task, still the decryption method is not implemented. You are supposed to implement it your self. Rest of implementation is working and is basically related to traverse the CSV file and if decryption method is implemented, then decrypt the passwords to plain text and save the CSV file.

Brewhaus
Vice Admiral (VADM)
Vice Admiral (VADM)
Posts: 878
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:30 pm

Re: 12/1 - AbleCommerce Data Client Utility 7.0.34

Post by Brewhaus » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:35 pm

The sample interface ask the user to provide the text qualifier, delimiter, password field name and source csv file. When user try to generate the csv version with decrypted password it asks the user for output csv file name and location.
I am able to get the function to run, but I am unsure which file we need to insert the encryption key into. Please advise on this so that we can try to decrypt the passwords. Thank you. :)
Rick Morris
Brewhaus (America) Inc.
Hot Sauce Depot

User avatar
mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda
Posts: 5082
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:21 am
Contact:

Re: 12/1 - AbleCommerce Data Client Utility 7.0.34

Post by mazhar » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:53 am

Brewhaus wrote:
The sample interface ask the user to provide the text qualifier, delimiter, password field name and source csv file. When user try to generate the csv version with decrypted password it asks the user for output csv file name and location.
I am able to get the function to run, but I am unsure which file we need to insert the encryption key into. Please advise on this so that we can try to decrypt the passwords. Thank you. :)
CSV Sample still requires a fraction of programming task to run properly. The password decryption part is unimplemented because we don't know what will be the encryption key and scheme for different users so its something up to the end user. For example if you want to decrypt your password then first you need to implement the

Code: Select all

public static string DecryptPassword(string password) 
        {
            //Your custom code to decrypt the password will be here
            return password;
        }
method properly. That task requires some programming so first complete this method to decrypt your passwords according to your key and scheme.

User avatar
mfreeze
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: Washington, NJ
Contact:

Re: custom fields from 5.5 importing to 7.0 product templates

Post by mfreeze » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:35 am

Mazur,

I restored my database and re-imported the 5.5 XML file (the one I sent you) and no product templates were created containing the custom fields from 5.5. For example, if you look at the product 'Closing the Skills Gap' in the XML, you should see the following custom fields:

Name: Delivery
Value: MP3 & PDF Format

Name: Published
Value: May 2003

I find these nowhere in 7.0 after the import. The only product templates are the ones that are installed with the base store; none were created by the import. I can give you admin access to both versions of the store if you need to check on any of this.

The export is from 5.5 CFMX build 1357 and was created by the DataClient Utility, if it makes any difference. The AC 7.0 store is at SR2 (BUILD: 10863).
Mary E Freeze

Freeze Frame Graphics
Web Hosting and Design, ASP and CFMX Development

http://www.ffgraphics.com

User avatar
Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:48 am

Re: custom fields from 5.5 importing to 7.0 product templates

Post by Naveed » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:34 pm

mfreeze wrote: I restored my database and re-imported the 5.5 XML file (the one I sent you) and no product templates were created containing the custom fields from 5.5. For example, if you look at the product 'Closing the Skills Gap' in the XML, you should see the following custom fields:

Name: Delivery
Value: MP3 & PDF Format

Name: Published
Value: May 2003

I find these nowhere in 7.0 after the import.
I am sorry, but in the xml file you provided to me the above mentioned product 'Closing the Skills Gap' does not contain any custom field data in it. I searched the file for any more custom fields under any other products, but no product have custom fields defined.

Please have a look at your exported xml file and verify it...

Brewhaus
Vice Admiral (VADM)
Vice Admiral (VADM)
Posts: 878
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:30 pm

Re: 12/1 - AbleCommerce Data Client Utility 7.0.34

Post by Brewhaus » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:24 pm

I am having a problem importing customers- the system tells me that the password field cannot be blank. I first tried importing with a password in just the PlainText column, but the Encrypted left blank. When we received the error, I tried putting the password (plain text, but at least not blank) into the Encrypted column, as well. We still get the same error.

Can anyone shed some light onto this?
Rick Morris
Brewhaus (America) Inc.
Hot Sauce Depot

User avatar
Naveed
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Rear Admiral (RADM)
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:48 am

Re: 12/1 - AbleCommerce Data Client Utility 7.0.34

Post by Naveed » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:12 pm

Brewhaus wrote:I am having a problem importing customers- the system tells me that the password field cannot be blank. I first tried importing with a password in just the PlainText column, but the Encrypted left blank. When we received the error, I tried putting the password (plain text, but at least not blank) into the Encrypted column, as well. We still get the same error.

Can anyone shed some light onto this?
Can you please share your CSV with one or two dummy records. I just want to make sure that you are creating it correctly..

User avatar
mfreeze
Commodore (COMO)
Commodore (COMO)
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:07 pm
Location: Washington, NJ
Contact:

Re: 12/1 - AbleCommerce Data Client Utility 7.0.34

Post by mfreeze » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:27 pm

We found the problem with the DataClient not exporting custom fields from a 5.5 CFMX database. In the CustomFields table, there is a row called TABLE which contains the name of the table the Custom Field is associated with. In ASP.Net, the name of the products table is PRODUCTS but in CFMX it is called PRODUCT. This row is referenced in the SELECT statement and, since the table name is incorrect for CFMX, no custom fields are exported.

We wrote our own export utility and the outputted XML file now contains the custom fields data. Using this export, the product templates are automatically created.
Mary E Freeze

Freeze Frame Graphics
Web Hosting and Design, ASP and CFMX Development

http://www.ffgraphics.com

Brewhaus
Vice Admiral (VADM)
Vice Admiral (VADM)
Posts: 878
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:30 pm

Re: 12/1 - AbleCommerce Data Client Utility 7.0.34

Post by Brewhaus » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:30 pm

Here is a CSV with a single record (saved as .txt, as .csv is not allowed)
Attachments
Book2.txt
(849 Bytes) Downloaded 253 times
Rick Morris
Brewhaus (America) Inc.
Hot Sauce Depot

User avatar
mazhar
Master Yoda
Master Yoda
Posts: 5082
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:21 am
Contact:

Re: 12/1 - AbleCommerce Data Client Utility 7.0.34

Post by mazhar » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:26 pm

Brewhaus wrote:Here is a CSV with a single record (saved as .txt, as .csv is not allowed)
Read the following post
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=9829&p=43064#p43064

Also please it would be better to start discussion in some other thread in DataPort forums because this thread got a gigantic size and I don't think so its easy for people to find out required information form 14 or 16 page.

Locked